To be eligible for admission to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), you must be:
- A New York State resident for 12 months prior to enrollment;
- Require special admissions consideration; and
- Qualify as economically disadvantaged according to the guidelines. In selecting students for the program, priority is given to applicants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
EOP Income Eligibility Scale
EOP Economic Eligibility Guidelines
Academic Year 2020-21
(including head of household)
|Total Annual Income|
|*For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $8,177 for each additional person.|
Income Guidelines Also Do Not Apply If:
- The student’s family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance; or through a county Department of Social Services; or Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance;
- The student lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college and the student’s natural parents provide no such support;
- The student is a ward of the state or county.