SUNY Morrisville congratulates you on your decision to serve our country. Whether you are a veteran, active duty service member, member of the National Guard, reservist or dependent, Morrisville would like to help you achieve your education goals.
Students, staff and faculty serve on the SUNY Morrisville Veteran's Taskforce. The mission of the taskforce is to work collaboratively with departments and individuals across the college to create a network of support for our veteran's and their families. Learn more about the Veteran's Taskforce.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for certifying the enrollment of current veterans who are eligible and have applied for educational benefits. All veterans who are eligible must contact the Office of the Registrar to start the process.
Students with an agreement with the military concerning educational benefits may qualify under the following chapters:
- Chapter 106 - Reserves
- Chapter 30 - New G.I. Bill
- Chapter 35 - Child of Veteran
- Chapter 32 - VEAP
- Chapter 31 - V.A. Rehabilitation
Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you would like assistance in applying for the educational benefits while attending SUNY Morrisville. Only currently enrolled students are eligible to receive benefits.
The Department of Veterans Affairs launched an online GI Comparison Tool to make it easier for veterans, service members and dependents to calculate their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits and learn more about VA-approved colleges, universities and other education and training programs across the country.
The SUNY Morrisville Veteran's Task Force is made up of faculty, staff and student volunteers attempting to increase the services offered and connections made to assist students in creating a positive learning environment.
The Student Veterans of America group provides military veterans with resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and post-graduation.
You joined the military because you wanted to be part of something bigger. At The State University of New York, you can continue that journey. When you enroll at SUNY, you won’t be putting your military experience in the past; you’ll be using it as an asset to take on new challenges going forward.
Academic Credit for Military Experience and Prior Education
- Service members may be eligible to receive college credits for military learning experiences based on an approved list of course equivalencies from the American Council on Education.
- In order to have your military transcripts evaluated, please utilize the JOINT SERVICE TRANSCRIPT (Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps & Navy) or CCAF Transcript (Air Force) and have your transcripts sent to SUNY Morrisville.
VA Open Data
The VA is working to make information resources easier to find, access and use, while protecting individual personal data. VA's Open Data initiative strives to provide easy access to information that can fuel entrepreneurship, innovation and public policy research, such as:
- Patterns and comparative rates of health conditions for vulnerable veteran groups
- Location information for veteran gravesites across the U.S.
- Analysis on the growing number of women service members and veterans