NightOwl Online Tutoring
The Tutoring Center is able to provide its NightOWL online tutoring through Morrisville’s membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR-NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
During Winter Term, NightOWL tutoring for writing and math will be available January 3-28, 2021, 7:00 PM to midnight, Sundays through Thursdays.
During Spring 2021, NightOWL tutoring for the subjects listed below will be available February 3-May 11, 2021, 7:00 PM to midnight, Sundays through Thursdays.
- Writing assignments for any classes through master’s level (except foreign language courses)
- Math through 161
- BIOL through 151
- CHEM through 242
- PHYS through 128
- ACCT through 300-level courses
- ECON 100 & 140
- NURS 120 and 150 and med math/dosage calculations
- PSYC 101 and 103
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKING WITH A NightOWL TUTOR
Open an updated version of a browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the STAR-NY tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account in the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one-on-one in the order that they login to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will be held in a virtual “waiting room.” When the previous student’s session is finished, you will be taken into the tutor’s room. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.