Harness the unlimited power of your potential.
Through the hands-on nature of the SUNY Morrisville Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree program in renewable energy, you’ll complement the theoretical concepts covered in class lectures by working on real, live renewable energy systems right on campus, as well as focus on system-level design, permitting and project management.
You will learn using full-scale system components in our distinctive facilities, including our new Agricultural and Clean Energy Technology (ACET) Center featuring state-of-the-art wind, solar, hydro, biofuels, thermal energy and tower climbing labs, as well as on-campus outdoor climbing towers, operating wind turbines and solar arrays, and bioenergy crop plantations.
An internship is a recommended program option that places you in a supervised work environment with a cooperating employer and provides valuable work experience, develops professional contacts and builds your résumé. Successful internships have included experiences in solar and wind energy, telecommunications, geothermal/HVAC, energy efficiency, bioethanol production and bioenergy systems.
Many careers await you following graduation, including energy system designer, installation and maintenance technician, quality control supervisor and project manager for renewable energy systems of all types and sizes.
Upon completion of the program, you also have met the education requirements for the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioner (NABCEP) PV Installation Professional and PV Designer exams.
Show Content For
An Apple computer is not recommended, as it will not run several software packages.
Minimum Device Requirements for this Program
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 11 or 10 version 1809 or above
- Processor: 2.5 GHz (3+ GHz recommended), ARM processors not supported
- Memory: 16 GB (32+ GB recommended)
- Disk space: 10.0 GB
- Display: 1920 x 1080 resolution with True Color
- 6+ GB graphics card with 8+ GM recommended 2 GB minimum, dedicated graphics cards are typically better
- External mouse with scroll wheel
- Video: SVGA or higher (recommend resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher). Support for DirectX 11 or OpenGL 2.0 (recommend minimum of 1 GB Video Memory)
- Software: Microsoft Office 365
Top Job Titles for this Program
These are the job titles you are most likely to see listings for when graduating from this program.
- Project Manager/Lead or Senior Project Manager
- Sales Consultant/Sales Representative/Sales Manager
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Construction Manager/Energy Systems Manager
- Project Development Manager/Engineer
- Solar Technician
- Wind Technician
- Telecommunications Technician/Analyst
- Geothermal Technician/Installer
- Technician/Installer Technician