Did you know? More than 20 percent of all new students are transfers.
Transferring to another college can be quite a large task. SUNY Morrisville is committed to making the transfer process as seamless as possible for incoming students.
At SUNY Morrisville, you'll join a student population that hails from diverse backgrounds across the state and around the globe. You'll have your choice of more than 60 associate and bachelor's degree programs that embrace agriculture, technology, business, social sciences and the liberal arts. And our hands-on approach of learning by doing will place you in action-oriented learning labs and true-to-life facilities that allow you to "get your hands dirty" and engage in ways that go beyond the traditional classroom environment.
The best way to be sure that SUNY Morrisville is truly right for you is to come visit us. Coming to campus will give you a true sense of what Morrisville has to offer. You will see exactly who we are and how we go ALL IN to make your college experience the best it can be.
Our Office of Admissions will be glad to schedule personalized meetings with faculty, staff and students in your area of interest so that you get the inside story from those who will share in your education and help you begin your future. If you can’t visit right now, you can still find all that SUNY Morrisville has to offer by taking a virtual tour of our beautiful campus. Be sure to also visit our YouTube channel to learn more about our programs, view housing options, hear from alumni and discover a 360° Experience of our facilities.
Transferring to SUNY Morrisville
Below, you will find our application and admission requirements, as well a detailed list of materials you will need to submit during the application process. Information regarding transfer credits, transfer scholarships and our housing policy also can be found below.
Transfer Application Requirements
If you have earned a high school diploma and enrolled in college-level coursework after graduation, you can apply for transfer admission.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA required.
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA required.
- Successful completion of introductory biology and chemistry – if not take in college, will look at high school grades.
- Successful completion of college algebra or higher, or placement into Math 102: Intermediate Algebra with Trigonometry or higher.
* A score of 62 or higher on the TEAS entrance exam is required following the application process. Exams taken in the past two years are accepted.
- Completion of an associate degree in nursing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
To apply, submit:
- A completed SUNY Application or The Common Application.
- There is a $50 non-refundable and non-transferable fee for each application.
- Applicants graduating with a SUNY or CUNY associate degree do not incur an application fee when completing the SUNY Application only.
- Students facing financial hardship may have the fee waived by submitting a Fee Waiver Form.
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended and/or credits earned.
- Final high school transcript or GED/TASC scores if you will not be earning a college degree prior to enrollment.
- Official AP and/or IB score reports if applicable.
- Supplemental materials may be required upon request.
Send all transcripts and score reports to
PO Box 901
Morrisville, NY 13408
Transcripts submitted via secure electronic portal are accepted.
Morrisville operates on rolling admission and accepts applications for both fall and spring semesters.
Whether you are transferring from a two- or four-year institution, SUNY Morrisville is committed to maximizing your transfer credits. See the college catalog for a list of our transfer pledge and articulation agreement partner institutions, guaranteeing seamless transfer and bachelor’s degree completion in two years.
- In general, your credits will transfer if they are applicable to the degree in which you are applying.
- Courses taken within the last seven (7) years are evaluated for transfer.
- A grade of ‘D’ or better is transferable unless a different grade is required for your intended major.
- Transfer credits shall not be computed in the Morrisville grade point average.
For more information on credit policies, general education courses and requirements, and articulation agreements, please visit the College Catalog.
You can receive a $3,000 annual award for a maximum of two years through a transfer scholarship. Eligible students must have, or be on track to have, an associate degree with a grade point average of at least 3.0. Admission into a baccalaureate degree program is required.
All students can apply for SUNY Morrisville Foundation Scholarship by February 1 of each year. Visit our Scholarships & Awards page for more information.
Students are required to live on campus unless you:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 college credits
- Live within 30 miles of the college and plan to commute
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Are a military veteran
- Are married or in a partnership
- Have a significant financial barrier